Tuesday, December 17, 2013

(Day 7) Dear love of my life...

Try to understand, I have worked retail for the last 8 years, every since I graduated college. The day after Thanksgiving, Christmas music begins to pipe in the loudspeakers, and it's constant, over and over. Repetition has not only closed my mind to it, but it makes me cringe and want to scream. And possibly do some projectile vomiting that rivals that girl in the Exorcist. No, I do find 'Grandma got ran over by a Reindeer' funny. No, I do not want to dress up like Santa Clause for you because of that stupid song. I don't care if Bon Jovi or Bruce Springsteen delivered an amazing rendition of it, it just makes me ill. That's what retail does, my love.

But light the candles and play this song. 
I still feel the holiday spirit and when you're with me, alone, just the two of us, I want to dance. You want me to dance with you, hell, I'll strip down to my underwear for you, my love. Just show me you understand, that you give a damn about me...love making of the amazing and super-ethereal kind is imminent. I love you, baby! Show me.

About me!
If you have ever worked retail, if you have had to surrender just one day of your Holidays to the almighty dollar, tell me here. There is no reason you should and I feel your pain.  Holidays are about families and friends, not about last minute sales. Tell me and I will respond, it's a dam, freaking shame. I feel for you and my post is for you.  You have my pain and love...

Make darn sure you check out my fellow conspirators. You never know who you might catch doing what...




1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you have managed to escape the hell that is Holiday retail. Very nice excerpt and I do like that song.

    ReplyDelete