Saturday, December 14, 2013

(Day 9) Dear love of my life...

I know you think candles are just for emergencies, for when the power goes off. But you are ever so wrong. Lighting a candle lights my soul on fire. Every wall I have constructed to protect me from real life crumbles down the moment you light one. A candle ignites the real me, the one I am so afraid to reveal to anyone but you. Your kisses knock me off my feet, my darling, but it is that candle light dancing in the air around us, licking the ceiling with it's glow that strips me to my vulnerable nakedness you find so endearing.

You may laugh at me, but I hope you understand that is essential truth. Do you not notice that when I write, I turn off the lights? That there is only a candle blazing next to my laptop as I write? I have never written a word without candlelight, no matter how much I tried. Nothing comes out until that candle is lit. When I write, I bare my soul. But I can't without the candle light.

But I will let you on this ultimate secret: Your love that shows through your kisses acts as that candle light. Kiss me like you mean it, like I am the most precious thing on earth. Your love is more powerful and inspiring then that candle light. Your love is what I crave. Love me, be my candle light. My soul will die if you don't...

About the real me...
I really can't write a word without candle light. I sit in front of my computer in my kitchen with only candle light and the screens illumination for light. It is the only time I feel secure, whole, worthy of being something greater than myself. It is the time I rush home from work to have...What I live for...

Make darn sure you check out my fellow conspirators. You never know who you might catch doing what...


2 comments:

  1. Loved the letter. And I do think the quirk you have is very endearing. Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its cool you have a special writing ritual. I write on paper then tediously transfer to a word doc. I write better if my hand is connected to the words

    ReplyDelete